Change the value upper limit, etc directly from HMI

Hi all,
what should I do so that the user can change the value of the limit of the sensor directly from the HMI? Means no need to change at the back-end of the programming.

Best regards,
Umair

Hi Umair,

In CODESYS Trend Recorder, you can set min and max limits for multiple Y-Axis. In this case, I have used a Global Variable to set the y-axis maximum for temperature. (Also consider using a Persistent Variable, if you would like this to be retained on a power cycle)

You could then assign and Input Configuration to edit this variable from the HMI. In this case I have used “Write Variable”, and allow the user to edit this value with limits between 0…100.

One more useful feature, is to use the pre-built element for trend controlling. If you write click on the trend, you can add elements that will change the timescale, hide variables, and enable zooming or panning.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Mike,

how do I add this Trend Recorder? Is it not something from the Visualization Toolbox? Currently I am using Trace as shown in the Visualization Toolbox below. Or perhaps you can share a video link which doing the same thing as this that you know.

Best regards,
Umair

Hi,

I added a Trend Recording Manager under the PLC Application. I am not certain of the differences between Trends and Traces if anyone has input.

Thank you,

Hi,

ok great. Will try!

Trace will start form when you show the page and will only be relative time.
Trend will always record to the file system the data (with a limit and ring buffer type).

For data monitoring a trend is maybe a better solution if you need to look at what happened when the visu wasn’t actively viewed.

1 Like