Modbus - 750-460 configuration by codesys

Hello everyone,

I have a 750-469/0003-000 thermocouple module connected to a 750-362 Modbus coupler, which is in turn connected to a PFC300 (FW31).
I need to read Type J thermocouples, so I have to change the module’s channel configuration/import settings
Is it possible to modify the thermocouple type through CODESYS code, without using configuration tools?

If so, does anyone have an example?

Thanks.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe this is possible over Modbus.

For many “configurable” modules such as 3-phase power measurement, serial comms, CAN gateway, etc., you can use the WagoSysFieldbusModule library to create an instance of the module’s type that can be used by application libraries (WagoAppPowerMeasurement, WagoAppCom, etc). However, the WagoSysFieldbusModule function block for the 750-469 modules does not have any associated output data, only input data. This means it has no way to communicate with the module’s configuration data (like the FbModule_75x_469 fb within WagoSysModule_75x_469 library can for modules directly on the Kbus).

Hi,

For the 750-363, I see that the documentation refers to the Modbus configuration registers. Are these the registers that should be used for this purpose? I’m not sure how to configure them.

Alternatively, can the Modbus Server Init function be used directly from the CODESYS Modbus Server configuration, or is this not supported?

Help me
Thanks very much.

The Modbus configuration registers are for handling the communication watchdog and reading the number and type of attached modules. They won’t help you with setting configuration values of the 750-469/003-000 module. I believe you will need to use WAGO-IO-Check for this.

Hi,

here is a WAGO Video tutorial for mapping remote modules with modbus:

and here a tutorial to implement remote complex modules using the mentioned WagoSysFiledbusModule library:

The functions for configuring the module are available when you are using the fb for this module. The documentation for the configure functions you will find in the WagoSysModule_75x_469 library

@AdamReeve what version of the libray do you use? 1.9.4.5 shows me GetNewPaOutputs and SetNewPa Inputs

Thanks a lot, that’s great news. I will review and analyze the video.
I am using CODESYS 22.2 with WagoSysModule_75x_469 version 1.9.9.0.
Regards

The problem is that the Modbus Process Image Output size for the 469 module is zero. Even if the WagoSysModule ↔ WagoSysFieldbusModule exchange could work, there are no Modbus Registers in the coupler that you can use for a write channel to the 469 module.

I am currently testing this and I have encountered the following issue.

Sorry, I’m new to the WAGO ecosystem.

On the 362 coupler, I also need to add an IO-Link master. Is this the recommended way to pass parameters to the different devices?

I tried to compile the project, but I keep getting compilation errors related to the library. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, I have resolved the compilation issue.
I am using version 22.2, and some libraries were incompatible. I downloaded the correct libraries, and the compilation completed successfully.

Best regards


Hello,

I tried reading the configuration, but it doesn’t work.

It still seems strange that “FBModule_75x-469” is included in “WagoSysFieldbusModule” if it cannot actually be used.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I will now try using the “IO-Link Master” module via Modbus. Hopefully, it will work without any issues.

Thanks.

Hi,

unfortunately the modbus coupler maps only the input data of the module, not the output for communicating with the module.

This is, what Adam meant with his posts.

You can use this functions only when the module is directly attached to the PFC.