EtherCAT Master in CODESYS

Hi,

In a project I have a PFC200 and an EtherCAT servo drive from DELTA.

I tried to set up an EtherCAT master but I always get and error - Preparation was not successful: could not open network adapters from the IoDrvEtherCAT library.

The EtherCAT servo driver is connected to the X2 port of the PFC200 therefore I set the source adapter to ethX2 in CODESYS. Also tried to make the two port unswitched but still the same error.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

You must separate the ports and reboot the controller. The ports must be on separate network segments (eg. 192.168.1.x & 192.168.2.x). When you assign the EtherCAT master, make sure you map it to the right LAN (I use ethX2).

Hi,

I tried what you suggested above but still the same appears - network adapter could not be opened.

You can check the settings I changed in the pictures below.

The picture you are showing utilizes the CODESYS plugin for PFC200 while I am using the device description from WAGO firmware above or equal to 25.

WAGO Bridge Webserver

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

Hi,

I managed to get the EtherCAT Master working by updating the firmware of the PFC200 to 26, divided the interface ports and assigned different network to the EtherCAT port.

The thing is that I cannot add a axis technological object since it requires a license. Now I can only read and write the EtherCAT PDO of the servo drive.

Is there a way to add an axis that does not requires a motion license?

The application is simple move in torque mode.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

This requires the motion license. Last time I attempted this (a few years ago), the PFC was not supported and only the Edge Controller or TP600 would support it.